- You Are Here:
We are always on the look-out for talented people to join our team!
Please attach a resumé and highlight your qualifications, experience, education, preferences, and personal information. By doing so, you are providing us with information that we can use to match you with suitable job opportunities. If a position matches your skills and experience, we may contact you when it becomes available.
Trader (Calgary, AB)
- Cash and currency management for all portfolios of responsibility.
- Executing trades with brokers as instructed by Portfolio Managers, and entering into trade Order Management System (GWP).
- Monitoring open trades and communicating with various brokers and the Portfolio Managers.
- Taking partial fills and completions from brokers, negotiating commission, allocating (per Portfolio Manager instructions) and entering into OMS, ensuring trade details flow to portfolio management system (Pacer) to electronic trade messaging system (SSCNet) smoothly.
- Write daily email note on Canadian investment grade fixed income market with trade ideas.
- Calculate eligible cash balances for investing daily in money market strategy while continuously watching for profit opportunities.
- Daily review of unmatched trades for NI 24-101 trade matching compliance and broker follow-up when required to ensure timely trade matching and settlement.
- Maintain our electronic trade messaging system (SSCNET):
- Transactions – Ensure correct parties are receiving trade details
- Brokers – Update standard settlement instructions as required
- Investment portfolios
- Oversee trade filing/confirmations; resolve confirmation discrepancies with brokers and reconcile electronic trade files to physical files for long-term storage.
- Calculate FX hedges for portfolios of responsibility and execute FX trades to ensure timely settlement.
- Product knowledge includes:
- Secure loan documentation and settlement
- Canadian investment grade bonds, preferred shares, ABS and money markets
- Canadian equities
- Foreign exchange derivatives
- Mutual funds and ETFs
- Report monthly on key trading performance Indicators and statistics to the operations team.
- Assist Portfolio Accounting team in resolving NAV discrepancies due to trading issues as they arise.
- Advise managers of changes related to the trading industry, including security updates (halts, etc.)
- Back up for other trader.
- Provide reporting to management as requested.
- Other duties as required.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course
- Background in finance or wealth management
- Strong computer skills (Excel, SS&C OMS experience an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic